[bookshare-discuss] Word and RTF files

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:30:37 -0700 (PDT)

Tony,

I found that after downloading an rtf file I had to
unzip or unstuff it to make it readable in word. Do
you have winzip or, if you have a Mac like I do,
Stuffit?  I think both are free downloads -- at least
I know stuffit it.

Here are the instructions I follow: Download the file.
Open Stuffit Expander and drag the file into it.
Another file is created (the original still won't open
so you can read it) that has an rtf extension. Then
open your word application and use it to open the
file. You can then save either in Word or in rtf. I
save in Word and validate in Word. Then, when I'm
ready to Upload, I save the document in rtf, and a dot
rtf extension, and upload in rtf.

As I said, I have  Mac. I'm not sure if the same
procedure would work with a PC, but the instructions
on the site do say that files have to be unzipped
first and to use winzip.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail