[bookshare-discuss] Re: "Wolves of the Calla" update

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:42:52 -0600

But isn't it that small because it is compressed?

Pam

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:23:53 -0800, you wrote:

>Okay, since LIsa mentioned having downloaded the entire book, I decided =
to try again.  I went on Bookshare.org and searched for WOlves, where =
only one result was found.  I clicked on the title to get its =
description, out of curiosity.  The Daisy format is said to be 723k, =
while the BRF format is only 519k.   At 723k, the Daisy file would have =
to have fewer than one kilobyte (one thousand twenty-four letters and/or =
punctuation) per page, because the book is at *least* 723 pages long.  =
That's not leaving any room for Bookshare's notices and such at the =
beginning of each book.  I'm not writing this to flame Lisa by any means =
... I *want* to download this book!  <Grin>  I'm just wondering what =
happened, and if the book *is* somewhere on the system in its entirety if=
 there's any way of restoring it.