[bookshare-discuss] Trouble downloading

  • From: "Brian Miller" <brian-r-miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:45:58 -0400

Dear Booksharians:

I am having trouble downloading/saving books from the website onto my
desktop.

When I click on the Daisy  format choice for downloading a book, the only
two choices for format I'm given are either"microsoft excel" or "all files."
I clikc to select "all files," because I figure I don't want to download it
as an Excel file, but then when I go to my folder where the file is saved
and I try to click on it to unpack it, it sees it as an excel file and won't
open.

What is going on?  I'm totally baffled.  I've never had this problem before,
so I'm confused as to what I am doing wrong.

Why is my computer defaulting "excel" for download format, and why can't I
seem to get it to download as anything else?

I am running a desktop with the Vista home edition operating system and
Microsoft Office 2003.

Many thanks for any help you all can provide.

Brian Miller
Alexandria, VAP.S.  I sent this message to the support@xxxxxxxxxxxx address
as well, but I wanted to survey my fellow bookshare members to see if I can
get a response more quickly since it is the weekend.