[bookshare-discuss] Thinking of books.

  • From: "duane iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:26:57 -0500

Shelly. You wrote "Eddie's Menagerie, or however you spell a collection of
animals.  About a
boy who wants a pet, starts hanging out in a pet shop helping out the owner. .
."
There were several books produced by NLS Eddy makes Music is the one I remember
best, but there were several others. In one book read by Melton Metz, Eddy gets
a small hand printing press and prints his own news paper. In the one I
remember best Eddy Makes Music Eddy gets a trombone. This one was read by
Jim Van Sickle. who did the voices.
In one of the funniest seens in all Literature Eddy decides he's going to blow
his trombone out the window as loud as he can. So early one morning he opens
his window and prepares to blow.
Eddy  doesn't know two things.
1, There is a hornet's nest just outside his window, and 2, Dad is climbing a
ladder to do something about this nest while it's still dark and the insects
are quiescent.
Eddy's trombone wakes everybody up!
Jim Van Sickle also read The wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet by Elinore
Cameron.
I sure wish NLS would take steps to have saved all those old books.

Sincerely Yours:
Duane Iverson