[bookshare-discuss] Reading books

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:08:32 -0700

Hi, I know (or am told) that there are those of you who use a BrailleNote to
read books from Bookshare. I mention this because I have an mPower and have
always downloaded my books in brf format. I've never (except once)
downloaded a Braille book in Daisy format. Once you unzip the files and
enter the password for them, how can you get the BrailleNote to allow you to
read a book in Daisy (or rather have the satisfaction of reading Braille
with the convenience of Daisy navigation.) Do I just cut and paste the lot
onto my SD card? Are there things I should not put on it? I remember trying
to proofread an rtf file just on the BrailleNote and all I saw when I opened
the file was an ED sign followed by LGE and nothing else. Do I need to add
something to my device for me to read rtf files and do I have to convert
Daisy files, and if I do, what do I do and how do I do it? Regards, Kim
Friedman. P.S.: If any of you folks (that have BrailleNotes) have Skype, I'm
willing to converse with you if that's easier for you. Just email me at
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx asking for my Skype name and I'll write you back with
the information. K.

database 5385 (20100821) __________

http://www.eset.com