[bookshare-discuss] Re: READING BOOKSHARE BOOKS FROM THE PC

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:08:07 -0700

At 08:41 AM 10/26/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Using the latest updated version of JFW 5, is it still necessary to
>download and install VICTOR SOFT before beginning to read?  As always,
>mega thanks in advance for the answer!

If you want to use the DAISY format and the DAISY reader, yes.  If you
don't mind reading in IE or converting to plain text, the screen reader
doesn't matter.  Personally I prefer to convert the files to plain text
because I found VRS to be a pain to use, besides I can't stand software
speech.  If you need help on this, there are a few people on this list who
can explain things.