[bookshare-discuss] Re: Question regarding a startrek book

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:00:48 -0500

Hi Marvin. In the Eugenics Wars series, the first of which is on Bookshare,
Gary Seven and Roberta are the main characters, and Captain Kirk and the
Enterprise are part of a second plot line. However, in that book there is
reference to an adventure like you described. I suspect this was actually an
episode of the original series TV show. James Blish took all of those
episodes and adapted them to make short stories. His adaptations are on
Bookshare, there were originally twelve volumes but they were collected into
two larger ones. If there was an episode like you described it would be in
one of those collections. I never saw more than a few of the original
episodes, but I've read many of these adaptations and I think they are
rather nicely done.
Hth,
Kellie