[bookshare-discuss] Re: Pullman and Christian fiction

  • From: "lelia" <leliastruve94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:33:02 -0600

I've read Arena and I read it in Braille, your right its an awesome book. I really liked it.

Lelia
----- Original Message ----- From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2008/06/21 08:22:36
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Pullman and Christian fiction

I've been reading the comments about Pullman's books, none of which I've read, nor do I care to. But I'm amused by the complaints that his agenda is overt and he "hammers in" is message without subtlety. I would hate that. But I recently validated a Christian fiction/romance, supposedly, in which the Christian/God is wonderful message was equally overt and unsubtle. I've validated at least two Christian fiction/romances which were delightful, and the messages were more subtle, but clear--and the stories themselves and the characters were enjoyable. One of the books was way more obvious in its intent but at least the message and intent didn't overpower the story.
I guess it all depends on the viewpoint of the reader.

G.Cindy