[bookshare-discuss] Re: Problems with the Web Reader

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:29:05 -0600

Hi David,

It might not be anything you're doing. For what it's worth, the Web Reader seems to be buggy with anything but Google Chrome. I'm a volunteer as well as a member, and heard through the volunteer discussion list that the Bookshare engineers know it has problems with any browser except Google Chrome, and hope to get it to work correctly on Firefox and Internet Explorer but don't have a timeline for us on when that might happen.

Judy s.

On 2/4/2013 8:51 AM, David Goldfield wrote:
I'm having odd issues trying to get the Web reader to work. When I use Firefox on a Windows 7 as well as a Windows 8 machine I'm told that I'm not logged in and there is a link for me to return to Bookshare to log in. However, I know that I am logged into Bookshare and, when I return to the link they suggested it shows that I already am logged in. Honestly, this isn't a big deal as I generally download books in Daisy audio format for use with my NLS player but I wanted to try it out to see how it worked. When I used IE9 on a Win7 machine IE crashed. I will tell you that I'm running Adblockplus and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this issue.