[bookshare-discuss] Re: OTr Is Available For Free

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 23:51:08 -0700

Hi.  You are slightly wrong about the copyright issue, but oh well.  If you
wish to blacklist me for selling high quality, non-mp3 OTR, go ahead.  I
have long since abandoned the mp3 groups anyway.  Yes, there is much
available for free.  I never said that it was illegal to share or
trade.  However, it is generally in lower quality mp3.  It is not in a high
quality format, such as wave files.  Ask Boomerdad about this.  I sent him
a CD to compare with the usual mp3 garbage he has been hearing.  He was
very impressed and joined First Generation Radio Archives.  If you want
something for nothing, that's your issue, but realize that you are getting
a poor product compared to a high quality original recording.

Rest assured though, if it makes you feel better, that I am not going to
sell your free mp3 files on DVD.  I will only sell raw wave files in
restored form from my high quality master reels.  Also, I will not discuss
this on this list further since it is off topic.  Finally, all I would have
to do to get around your stupid blacklist is to sell on ebay under a
different name.  You would have no idea who I am.  That is being childish.