[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: washing keyboard in dishwasher.

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:28:31 EDT

This is reminiscent of a discussion a while back on the VR Stream users
list. Someone had accidentally dumped their Stream in a washing machine. The
conclusion of the discussion and the accidental experiment was that if the
unit was not on at the time and if it was allowed to dry out completely and
thoroughly before it was turned on it should be alright. I, for one, will,
nevertheless, do my best to avoid finding out by personal experience.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] OT: washing keyboard in dishwasher.
Date:
9/30/2009 12:52:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I just wanted to let you all know that I am typing on a nicely cleaned
keyboard.

Several years ago, Gerald had given us instructions as to how it should be
done. At the time, we were skeptical, but we looked on line, and we had an
old
keyboard that was useless because Pepsi had been spilled on it. We tried it
then and it worked. I couldn't quite remember a couple of details and my
husband
didn't trust what I did remember, so he googled;
we did it our way, after trying one of the ways suggested on line.

To make a long story. Here's what to do, in case  you're interested.
Be sure your keyboard is one that has a plastic covering the  bottom
Wrap the cord around  keyboard do it won't dangle and get caught on
anything.

Put the keyboard on the top rack, upside down, and wash on normal wash I
suggest don't put soap in the machine. The first time we did it we did,
because
on line someone did, but when I tried the keyboard after that it felt as if
maybe some undissolved soap pieces were underneath some of the keys, do we
did it again with just water, and now it's fine. BE SURE TO STOP THE
MACHINE before the dry cycle. I was so nervous the first time that I may have
sopped
the machine too soon; the rinse cycle may not have finished and that may be
why there was till some soap left. We did the process again without soap
and
now the keyboard is working just fine

Take out the keyboard and let it dry upside down on paper towels (I suppose
you could use regular towels; I didn't want the keys so sink at all into
terry
cloth. It has to dry for several days. We went out of town for about 45days
so we let ˆdry while we were gone. I think several year ago we just waited
about 3 days. Gerald had also said it could dry in the oven for days, with
just heat from a pilot light, but our oven now doesn't have a pilot lite and
at that time we didn't want to chance it--and that would have taken longer
than air drying it.

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list