[bookshare-discuss] O.T. LOOKING FOR A BOOK

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:51:18 -0600

Hi All,

About 20 years ago I read a book I would like to reread, but do not know the
title or author.  The book opens with a young woman running away from her
abusive husband.  She leaves her baby with a nun, and wrecks her car, killing
herself.  The baby is adopted and named Susann, and when she grows up she goes
to her biological father's home.  He admires her nerve, but at the end of the
book he tries unsuccessfully to kill her.  Does anyone have any idea what the
title and author of this book would be?  I read it from NLS, but it might be on
bookshare.

Thanks,

Sue S.