[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Audible formats played by the Icon and Braille+?

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:57:46 -0400

I just wanted to post the answer to this question, since I did manage to
find it in the archives for this month. These units support formats 2, 3,
and 4. The reason this was so elusive is that, apparently, once one
indicates on the Audible Web site and in Audible Manager which mobile device
they are using, the correct, highest quality supported format for the
device-Format 4 in the case of these units-will automatically be selected
and downloaded when the user chooses to download an Audible book he/she has
purchased (i.e., the user does not have to manually choose the desired
format as I thought was the case). Thanks, Sharon, for the below, and I just
wanted to post the answer, as the one who asked the question, in case anyone
else was interested.

Cheers,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic