[bookshare-discuss] OT: About The Draft

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:48:53 -0400

Cindy, thanks for clarifying the timeline of when and how our young men were drafted. I didn't realize that it was an issue except during Vietnam. I guess it's true that you learn something everyday. :) Apparently quite a few of our celebrities spent time in the military. Johnny Cash, Mr. Rogers, Elvis, and the man who played Captain Kangaroo... his name is escaping me at the moment. I'm sure there are many more. It might be interesting to read about how military service impacted their future careers in entertainment.

Monica Willyard