[bookshare-discuss] Re: O T Robert Jordan.

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:40:23 -0700

This is a bit of the Associated Press article I found reporting the news.

* * *

Author Robert Jordan Dies

By BRUCE SMITH - Sep 17, 2007

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Author Robert Jordan, whose "Wheel of Time" series
of fantasy novels sold millions of copies, died Sunday of a rare blood
disease.
He was 58.

Jordan, whose real name was James Oliver Rigney Jr., was born and lived in
this southern city most of his life. He died at the Medical University of
South Carolina in Charleston of complications from primary amyloidosis with
cardiomyopathy, his personal assistant, Maria Simons, said Monday. The blood
disease caused the walls of Rigney's heart to thicken.

* * *

This is a very sad day for me.

Although I have criticized some aspects of The Wheel of Time, nevertheless,
it was still a great piece of work as a whole. I very much enjoyed Book 11,
and am still looking forward to the finale, even though he will not have
written all of it. I am very sorry that he is gone. I will certainly miss
him.

In the bio at the beginning of each of his books, it says that he plans to
continue writing until they nail shut his coffin. I have no doubt that he
did keep writing as long as he possibly could. From reading his blog, I know
that he was a fighter and never gave up.

Farewell!

Evan