[bookshare-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, January 8, 2015

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <sfclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 21:57:29 -0500

Hello Folks,

A great turnout at our most recent meeting. Opinions of our anthology,
Twenty-First Century Science Fiction, were varied; but everyone found something
to like in the book. For this month, with the busy holiday season upon us, we
turn to something much shorter, and much lighter. We’ll be reading Rivers of
Time by L. Sprague De Camp.

The next meeting of the Science Fiction club will be on Thursday, January 8,
2015.

Place: Book Nook at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00 UTC.

The link to the BARD version of Rivers of Time is at:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.40578

And the link to the Bookshare version is at:

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/35324

Here is the NLS annotation:

Nine stories in which Reginald Rivers, or his partner the Raja, whisks groups
of people back in time to hunt for dinosaurs. In "Crocamander Quest," they
unfortunately transport a woman who wants to bed all the men in the party. In
"The Satanic Illusion," a fundamentalist minister wants to disprove evolution,
and in "The Honeymoon Dragon," Rivers takes his wife on a trip for their
twentieth anniversary.

And here is the Long Synopsis from Bookshare’s version:

Have gun, will time travel. 9 short stories about Reginald Rivers and his
safaris to hunt big game millions of years in the past--dinosaurs!

Come and have some fun discussing this book with us in January, as we start off
another new year reading a wide variety of great Science Fiction, old and new,
modern and classic.

Evan