[bookshare-discuss] Nancy Drew on bookshare and bard

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 01:04:53 -0600

Hi, for all you out there on bard and/or bookshare, I want you to know there
are lots of Nancy Drew books.  Bookshare has more of the modern ones, but bard
has over a dozen of the older Nancy Drew stuff we all grew up with.  I remember
getting records of Nancy Drew stuff, particularly Nancy's mysterious letter and
some others.  I would encourage you all to download these to show that the old
Nancy Drew stuff is still popular even though they've taken off with modern
stuff.  I want more of this available at both sites, so fans, download to your
hearts' content.  Maybe it'll tell nls and bookshare something and happy
reading and Happy New Year.  PS:  Too bad it's not the original narrators but
at least we get the books and the narrators that are doing the books now do a
good job.  I'm glad for what bookshare has done and want more classic Nancy
Drew.  I see some with newer copyright dates, and I wonder if this is due to
reissues of the books and if the content is original.