[bookshare-discuss] Re: My turn for recommendations

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:49:42 -0400

Ah, I see. Yeah...okay, that really did go right by me the first time, sorry! *smile*

Actually, though, the -ism suffix doesn't always refer to discrimination. This is no nearer to what blindisms are, really, but there is "autism," which is organic/neurological (yes, I know there's increasing argument about this, I'm not trying to start anything *smile*), and "giantism," which is physical. "Blindism" is behavioral, but my guess is that it came about as a sort of slang. I could be wrong; I haven't researched it or anything.

This has turned out to be quite an interesting discussion, the kind of thing I don't get to participate in often just because no one is usually interested enough to pursue such things and be so analytical.