[bookshare-discuss] Lists and lists

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:30:05 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Jamie and Jim Baugh both host the Wish List.
Jim's site is linked on the Volunteer Home page.
Jamie's, as well as Jim's, is at the bottom of my
posts, I think, now that I figured out what a
"signature" was.

Maintaining an email list, based on the Browse New
Books, of English-language  for those who don't want
to check the bookshare site all the time but prefer to
get by via email (it's a long story how that came to
be, dating back to when so many Spanish-language books
were being added)is easy and not very time-consuming.
Even tailoring it by adding fiction and nonfiction and
genre and maybe age groups, and separating the PQ from
the volunteer-added doesn't take much time. Only
adding synopses does sometimes, but now that Allison
H. is adding so many, it's not a problem, and I can
see the value of having the synopses. My list is
tailored, too, so there is actually less to read. The
list includes only English-language books, does not
include the NIMAC books now that I know they were
listed by not as NIMAC.  Because the first paragraph
every day states that they are English-language only,
available for members only, and are in both BRF and
Daisy unless stated otherwise, I delete those lines so
they are constantly repeated.

It really takes very little time, over all. smile And
get to see what books are added myself while I'm doing
it, and think "Gee, that book sounds interesting; I'll
have to add it, or the author, to my list of books to
read." smile

G.Cindy