[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted Brigid of Kildare

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 18:40:47 -0500

Hi, all.

I have just submitted Brigid of Kildare by Heather Terrell to the checkout
list. This book is complete. No chapters or pages are missing. However, if the
proofreader has questions or doubts, I would appreciate being contacted before
the book is rejected. My address can be found in the book history, as well as
at the bottom of this email, along with the long synopsis and comments to the
proofreader.

Long Synopsis:
Fifth-century Ireland: Brigid is Ireland's first and only female priest and
bishop. Followers flock to her Kildare abbey and scriptorium. Hearing accounts
of Brigid's power, the Church deems her a threat and sends Decius, a Roman
priest and scribe, on a secret mission to collect proof of Brigid's heresy. As
Decius records the unorthodox practices of Brigid and her abbey, he becomes
intrigued by her. When Brigid assigns Decius a holy task-to create the most
important and sacred manuscript ever made-he finds himself at odds with his
original mission and faces the most difficult decision of his life. Modern day:
Alexandra Patterson, an appraiser of medieval relics, has been summoned to
Kildare to examine a reliquary box believed to belong to Saint Brigid. Hidden
within the sacred box is the most beautiful illuminated manuscript Alex has
ever seen. But even more extraordinary is the contents of the manuscript's
vellum pages, which may have dire repercussions for the Catholic Church and
could very well rewrite the origins of Christianity.

Comments:
Rank spelling was 99.96 percent. Page breaks have been protected and headers
stripped. Most page numbers are in tact, though the proofer might have to
insert a few. Chapter headings are also in tact. No pages or chapters are
missing. Mdashes and tab symbols have been disposed of. If you have questions,
please contact
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Happy proofing.

Solstice Singer

Are you a fan of Women's music? If so, join me each Wednesday evening from 7
until 10 eastern  for The Eclectic Collection: a Celebration of Women In Music.
http://mojoradio.us:9090