[bookshare-discuss] Just An Idea, and a project I'm working on if anyone is interested, contact me off-list, please?

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bskvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:01:51 -0800

Greetings,
I know you guys haven't heard from me in a long while and I bet you
were wondering and still wonder what happened to me and the book I'd
scanned, Kind Of Blue: The Making Of The Miles Davis Masterpiece. I
have rather sad/disturbing news, yet I also have great news as well,
so, brace yourselves!
After several attempts of scanning and saving my worthless efforts,
I've come to realize that since I bought this book from jazzbooks.com
at $5, along with another book for musicians creating more interesting
solos when improvisation is needed, also $5, I've come to the
conclusion that the print quality is no good. So I have a solution for
those who still wish to have access to this book via a medium deemed
to be accessible. I'm involved in a current project right now,
actually, my friend, Rudy, and I are in the process of recording this
book, if anyone is interested in geting a copy of this, feel free to
email me off-list, I'm so sorry to have held you guys in suspense,
especially those who are eager to read/listen to it and to those who
have the album Kind Of Blue and are Miles Davis fanatics such as
myself and Rudy. I'm too disappointed in the fact no matter how many
times I've scanned these two books, that the quality was even lower,
well, at least all I saw were bits and pieces of words and a lot of
mumbo-jumbo. If anyone still wants it in DAISY format, is there a way
to make an MP3 have this special format, so it is compatible with not
only MP3 players/IPODS but for those using say a daisy player of some
sort or software on PC of some sort that would like to have access to
this book? Is there any software that can do this? If so, where can I
get this and how much does it cost? Even if we are unable to put this
MP3 into a daisy format, please contact me if you're interested in
obtaining a copy of this book. My friend, is going to read it, his
name is Rudy Cervantes and he is also a trumpeter like me, lives in
Southern California, I am in Northern California.
Thanks for your feedback about this project, and please contact me
off-list at cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
Chela
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
WindowsLiveMessenger Only (PLEASE E-Mail ME BEFORE ADDING ME TO YOUR
CONTACTS!): cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx