[bookshare-discuss] Re: Introduction to List and Funny scanno

  • From: "Julie & Miss Mercy, avon representative" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:18:44 -0400

Oh, that was a good one! <smile> It's always nice when you're busy scanning something for school and can come across something funny like that! Welcome to the list! I live in Virginia with my guide dog, a female yellow lab named Mercy, and two cats, Blanca and Jasmine. I've been with Bookshare for several years now. I'm mostly into scanning and submitting, but I started out validating. There's always something for everyone to do around here. <smile> Take care.

--
Julie Morales
http://juliemorales.avonrepresentative.com/

Christine Parsons wrote:
Hi,
I'm fairly new to the list, and fairly new to scanning in general. I just came across my first scanno, and it made me laugh out loud. I was editing a blurb about Thomas Jefferson that I had just scanned for a class, and I read: "President of the United States, first Secretary of State, and Minister to Fiance" Fiance is, of course, supposed to be France, but the sad thing is that, although I'm really into American history, I had to go look that up on the Internet. Well, I hate to leave my official introduction to the list at that, so my name is Chris, and I've been a bookshare subscriber for about three years. Now that I'm starting to scan some of my own textbooks for college, I hope to be able to submit my first book soon. Chris