[bookshare-discuss] Fwd: Digg Story: Seeing through the tongue- scientists give sight to the blind...

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:41:04 -0700

Fascinating!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: bill <wjschob1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 04:31:58 -0400
Subject: Digg Story: Seeing through the tongue- scientists give sight
to the blind...
To: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>

I wanted to share this story with you: http://digg.com/d32Z18?e
 ---
"Seeing through the tongue- scientists give sight to the blind..."
A camera translates images into electrical pulses, which are applied
to the tongue through small electrical diodes. Touch sensitive nerves
are stimulated and the brain interprets these pulses as the image.
Tested... and apparantley working.
+2 people dugg this story.

--

“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream.
Wandering by lone sea breakers, and sitting by desolate streams. World

Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx