[bookshare-discuss] Fw: Subject: Reminder - Accessible World Presents Let’s Read Historical Novels June 1, 2010

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:53:28 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nan Hawthorne" <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 12:00 PM
Subject: Subject: Reminder - Accessible World Presents Let’s Read Historical
Novels June 1, 2010

For distribution.  Thanks.

Novels June 1, 2010

Newswire

Mark your calendar now for Tuesday, June 1, 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific
for our next book discussion at AccessibleWorld.org’s Let’s Read
Historical Novels.

For Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Walking Drum

By Louis L’Amour

Medieval Spain and Middle East.

In twelfth-century Brittany, young Mathurin Kerbouchard, escaping from
he evil baron who has slain Mathurin's mother and plundered their
estate, is forced into galley slavery. Quickly gaining control of the
boat, the bold adventurer lands in Moorish Spain and attempts to rescue
his corsair father. Journeying across Europe to Asia, Mathurin becomes a
famed scholar, merchant, doctor, and lover.  Bestseller 1984.

Available in accessible formats from:

National Library Service via your local library on RC and DB 20919 .

Kindle2 - yes

Apple iPad - no

Audible.com - no

BooksonTape.com - no

Bookshare.org - yes

If you know of any others or have questions, email Nan Hawthorne.

We have books scheduled through  November 2010.  You can find them
listed at http://histnov.blogspot.com.  That is where you can find
further details on the formats above as well.

June 1 - The Walking Drum, Louis L'Amour, medieval Europe and Near East
RC and DB 20919
July 6 2010 - The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary
Ann Shaffer,  DB 67526 , post World War II America
August 3 2010 - Time and Chance by Sharon Kay Penman - 12th century
France and England – Author will be our guest!
September 7 2010 - This Time, by Joan Szechtman -  time travel 15th
century and 2004 – Author will be our guest!
October 5 2010 -  The Phoenix, by Ruth Sims – Victorian England and
America – Author will be our guest!

Nan Hawthorne, Group Facilitator
Email: hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx