[bookshare-discuss] Fools Rush In

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:49:08 -0400

Hi. If you're looking for something good to read, maybe something to toss onto your Bookport, this might be for you. I've been reading Fools Rush In: Steve Case, Jerry Levin, and the Unmaking of AOL Time Warner by Nina Munk. Whether you've had an AOL account at some point, have subscribed to HBO or Time/Warner cable, or just watched from the sidelines, this book will help you sort out the hype and cryptic news headlines you've seen in the past decade. Unlike a lot of books about businesses, this one reads more like a novel, and it presents the story from many viewpoints so that you can get a good feel for why some things happened as they did. I found that pages would go by without me realizing it, and that's not a given when it comes to books about companies or business deals. Fools Rush In is in the Bookshare collection and is a nice scan.

If you've read some similar books whether from Bookshare or somewhere else, I'd love to hear about them. I'm always looking for something good to read, even if I have to scan it. With a collection the size of Bookshare, I could be reading nonstop for years! lol!