[bookshare-discuss] Re: Expanding the Bookshare Library

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 05:44:43 -0400 (EDT)

Shelley

I am a bit surprised that your question hasn't gotten any feedback.  It's
a wonderful idea.

My thoughts:  scan books that you yourself would want to read.  Any of the
topics you mention would be fine.  That's how a diversified collection is
built not only to meet the needs of the current users but also those of
future ones and current ones as are needs change.
What might not interest me today may be just what I might want or need to
read next January, in 2006, whatever.
And, yes, I, if it were me, would concentrate on non-fiction as fiction
seems well covered.
And if I were going to do fiction, I'd look at series and see which ones
were missing from the BookShare collection.
I don't scan; but if I did, that's how I'd approach it.