[bookshare-discuss] Re: Canon Lide 70 Scanner queston

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:01:16 -0400

Hi, Ron. The Canon LIde 70 scans at about 9 seconds per page. It does take several seconds for the light bar to return to the top of the scanner. I think the total between when you start a scan and when the light bar returns to the top of the scanner is about 25 seconds. This figure will be higher if you choose to scan at 400 DPI resolution because the scanner examines pixels more carefully. Hope this helps.

Monica Willyard

Ron Ingram wrote:

Can someone familiar with this scanner give me an idea of how fast (or slow) it is? How long does it take to scan a page in black and white? I would be using Kurzweil, if that makes a difference.

-Ron Ingram-