[bookshare-discuss] Bookshare Books - Device Listening Survey

  • From: "Alan Lemly" <walemly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:22:27 -0600

Hi, I'm new to Bookshare and this list. I must admit that I'm somewhat
spoiled when it comes to listening to audiobooks and have gotten too used to
very competent audio narrators. I've not done much listening to books in
text format on my Stream which is probably why the thought of listening to a
long book with the Stream's TTS voice seems daunting at best. What device do
most users on this list use when listening to their Bookshare books? I did
download the Victor Reader software and the voices on the computer are
obviously much better than those on the Stream for listening due to the
higher computing muscle but I was just curious what others on this list use?
Thanks for any comments.

Alan Lemly