[bookshare-discuss] Book submitted: Raptor Rescue!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:03:04 -0400

O.k. so I am mining the kids section again, I promise the adult books are
coming, smile.

But this one I found pretty neat at least reading it through I did.

So for validating and reading pleasure under the .rtf section of the
website.

Raptor Rescue!  An Eagle Flies Free
By Silvia A. Johnson

From the book Jacket:
A conservation officer discovers a wounded bald eagle, lying in a ditch by
the side of the road. The bird has been shot in the left wing. Unable to fly
after food, it is close to death. But the officer knows just what to do.
Within a few hours, a new patient is undergoing emergency surgery at the
world-renowned Gabbert Raptor Center, located at the University of
Minnesota.

Here is an unusual behind-the-scenes exploration of a rehabilitation center
for injured birds of prey. Crisp, arresting photos and an engaging text
follow the story of a raptor's recovery-from admission, X ray, and surgery
through recuperation, flight therapy, and release.

Young nature lovers will enjoy this fascinating introduction to the work of
the center's veterinary and volunteer staff and to the raptors
themselves-among the most beautiful, remarkable, and, in some cases,
threatened of wild creatures.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council