[bookshare-discuss] Book question

  • From: "Patti Johnson" <razz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:58:27 -0400

I know the book The Egg and I was a true story on which a movie was based.  In
the book and also the movie, there were a couple of interesting characters that
were the neighbors of the author of  The Egg and I and her husband.   They were
the Kettles.  Several movies were made about  Ma and Pa Kettle, but The Egg and
I was where we first heard of these wonderfully funny people. I was just
wondering if there were ever any books written about them, they would make for
a lot of fun reading if there were.
Patti

I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from
the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.
Doris Day