[bookshare-discuss] Amazon Is Having a Sale

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bookshare Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:30:53 -0500

Hi, everybody. I thought you might like to know that Amazon is having a sale on their books from the "Dummies" series. If you buy two books, you get one for free. There are over a thousand books in the "Dummies" series on subjects ranging from buying a home, to dating, to working with computers. I think this sale could help us build up the nonfiction, how-to side of the Bookshare collection. Even if you are unable to scan books, you can still help to build the Bookshare collection. You could use this sale to purchase books and either send them to the Bookshare office or pair up with a person who likes to scan to get the books into the collection. Amazon will let you mail the books to the Bookshare office or to the submitter's home if you like, so you don't have to deal with packing up the books and getting them to the Post Office yourself. If you want to learn more about the sale, visit http://tinyurl.com/2tyanm

The original Amazon link was extremely long, so I made a TinyUrl for the address in case some of you are using mail programs that break up long links into two lines. I hope you find some books you like there. Happy reading.

Monica Willyard