[bookport] Re: which card to buy?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:35:29 -0400

For purposes of the Book Port and, essentially, anything but cameras,
there's no reason to lay out the extra money for the super-fast cards. The
one thing to avoid, though, is the write-once cards where you can't erase
anything after you've put it on the card. These are often quite a bit
cheaper than regular cards and while I forget the term that's used to refer
to them, I'm sure that someone will come up with it. I've known more than
one person who bought one of these, thinking it was a regular CF card, only
to regret the purchase when the card filled up and they learned they
couldn't remove anything.