[bookport] Re: when sending to book port book titles don't stay in tact

  • From: "constantine \(on laptop\)" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:06:22 -0600

In the options diologue of book port transfer in general tab, there's an option
to send file name as title or some such. Now personally I leave it off, since
all my file names are the title of the book. BUt if you want you can set this
here checkbox. What it does is basically make the first line of text in that
there file, the title of the book when you browse through your books on the
unit. So if its something like brl23110 like some can be for me, that's what
you'd hear- so you'd uncheck that box and make sure the file name was the title
of the book. If you want though, when scanning books, just simply put the first
line of text in that book as the title - but, if your scanning, I'd hope you'd
be making the file name the title, anyway - but this is just my oppinion and
shouldn't diswade you from using that feature- I could see where it could come
in handy, especially when you use bookshare- but living in Canada is a bit
annoying since I can't use it.

Hope that helps. I'm a bit late on checking email, so  someones probably
already answered this question. I just like to help wherever I can. This is
probably too long of an explanation, too- but I was in a typing mood. <grins>.

Have a good day from Tyler C. Wood!

contact details:

email: tcwood12@xxxxxxx
msn: the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100
gb 4500 RPM Hard Drive, connecsant AC-link audio