[bookport] Re: trouble transferring daisy files

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:11:16 -0400

Lou:

Just let it go and see if it finally gets there.

Rob Meredith

>>> loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/07/04 09:01PM >>>
Hi Ll,
for over a year now, I've been transferring nearly all file types to the =
bookport without trouble of any kind.  But I recently tried to transfer =
the daisy version of the niv Bible from bookshare figuring that the =
navigation options would be helpful.  I'm running a win 2k machine with =
the latest bookport transfer and book wizard betas.  When I try to send =
the .opf file via bookport transfer, I get nothing but beeps at about a 3 =
second interval.  The title bar says getting book information.  I let it =
go for 5 minutes or so and then tried to cancel the operation but the only =
way I could get it stop beeping and close the transfer program was to =
bring up the task manager and end it that way.  Even having done that, the =
computer ran sluggishly and only a reboot would clear it up.  I tried =
transferring the book both with book wizard open and closed but got the =
same results.  I also tried it both with bookport files selected and then =
with just .opf selected in the file types box.  Si
 nce I've never tried to send daisy books before I'm sure I'm just missing =
something or doing something wrong but what?  Any help would be appreciated=
.  Thanks.  Lou