[bookport] Re: transferring files to flash card

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:00:05 -0500

I never remove the flash card, and I have never lost any content because I didn't remove it. Are you sure your files were deleted? Sometimes you can get locked into a folder that has nothing in it without realizing it. To get out of it, just press the star and zero at the same time.

At 11:44 AM 10/20/2006, Nancy Stevens wrote:

Hello List,

I have had really good success with the sound Taxi program in conjunction with the Over Drive media books from Talking book.

I have discovered that you can convert the files from the wma format and use the book port transfer program at the same time as long as at least one part of the book is 100 % converted to MPC format.

My questions are I tried to use my card reader on the USB hub the other day to copy the files directly to the card instead of using book port transfer. I went to my computer and each time I tried a drive starting with E I would hit enter and jaws says please insert card. The card is inserted, so does any one have a guess as to why my flash card isn't being detected.

On another note is there any way to change the batteries in book port without taking it completely out of the case? Does anyone else remove the flash card before changing the batteries? I made the mistake once of not removing the flash card, and I lost the contents on the card.

Thanks.

Nancy
Checked by AVG Free Edition.