[bookport] Re: text to speech

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:20:33 -0400

Hi:

No.  Remember that Daisy books cannot be copied directly onto a flash card.
They have to be transferred via the transfer program.

If you want the book read in a different voice, you can use the Send Audio and
convert the book prior to transferring to the Book Port.  Doing this will let
you pick the same voice from your computer that you used in the Book Wizard
Reader program, so then you could have it that way on the book Port.  Keep in
mind, however, that if you use the Send Audio feature, you will not have the
same navigation available in Daisy format, because it's treated as an MP3 book
at that point.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> capiscum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/07/07 03:27AM >>>
Pamela,

Let me see if I have this right.

Problem:

USING APH'S BOOK WIZARD:

    If I:

Step 1

download a book from BOOK SHARE and save it to a folder on my PC and

Step 2
unpack the down loaded book   and

Step 3

copy and paste the book to a flash card in the card reader then

Question:

When I removed the flash card and insert it into the B P,

it would be red to me in one of the Book WIZARD voices instead of the double
talk voice?

Thanks,

John