[bookport] Re: some minor problems

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:33:14 -0400

Betty:

Usually, the disc is full means one of two things:  either there's not
enough room on the Compact Flash Card, or your hard drive on your PC is
nearly full and there is not enough sufficient room on the hard drive to
complete the transfer process.  The files are temporarily placed on the
hard drive, before they are placed on the compact flash card and Book
Port.  You might try deleting your temporary internet files and anything
else you don't need on your PC and try the transfer again.  If that
doesn't help, then I would reformat the compact flash.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> bnobels@xxxxxxx 08/17/06 11:10PM >>>
Hello all.  I have downloaded the latest firmware and software updates
at the prompting of the bookport transfer software.  I have a books
folder and I transferred 6 daisy books without incident.  I also put a
few etext books on and then read some daisy books and deleted them.
Now, when I try to add more daisy books, I get a prompt that says .mp3
disk is full.  When I check in My Computer in the properties, I have
more than 2 gigs of space left on my flash card.  Is the only solution
to reformat the card and retransfer?  Do I need to not delete files
after I have read them?

Betty Nobel