[bookport] Re: rechargeable batteries

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:42:13 -0400

One reason why we state this in the manual is that the Battery Readings
aren't totally geared for rechargeables and you'll get the most accurate
reading with alkalines. There have been problems with updates and
rechargables, simply because the batteries weren't as strong as the
person probably thought and the reading was slightly less than the
reading reported. Usually, when doing tech. support I recommend using
alkalines for the update. Or, if you're going to use soething else, make
sure your reading is high.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/12/05 11:25AM >>>
Depends on the person, I guess.  I always use rechargable batteries
and have never had a problem updating firmware.  I wouldn't update the
firmware with my batteries showing less than 30% no matter what type
they are.

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:16:10 -0700, you wrote:

>I notice a lot of folks are apparently using rechargeable batteries.
I read