[bookport] Re: query: copying emails and help files to the Bookport

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:34:16 -0500

Eman,

Try the little program I wrote called ol2bp.  Here is a copy of the note I
sent to the BP list recently about saving Outlook items such as Contacts,
Appointments, and Mail Notes.  I hope this is helpful.

--- previous note follows --
Many on this list were asking to be able to save mail-notes, contacts, and
appointments from Outlook to the Bookport.

I put together a little program called ol2bp which does these things.

If you are interested in using the program, feel free to download the
installer and a README file by following the links on the web page:

HYPERLINK http://www.esnips.com/web/ol2bp http://www.esnips.com/web/ol2bp

The installer is called ol2bpSetup.msi, and the README file is called
ol2bpREADME.rtf.

Although I haven't had any problems with it, I must say that I can't be
responsible for any problems anyone might have - In other words, the
official legal disclaimer is "use at your own risk"!

Anyway, in order to make it work:

1.      download the installer, ol2bpSetup.msi.
2.      Save the installer file to your desktop (or someplace else
convenient).
3.      Click on the installer and follow the directions.
4.      The installer will guide you through the process of selecting an
install folder, , and installing the program.  Be sure to read the
information file which is presented by the installer after the install is
complete.  This will describe how the program works.
5.      Upon successful installation, a shortcut to the program entitled
ol2bp will be placed on the user's Start menu under the Programs list.
6.      The program can be run by either hitting enter on this shortcut or
running it directly from it's installed location.
7.      The README file is also available by clicking on the README button
which is presented when the ol2bp program is run.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, I set up a Google group
to which anyone can post messages.  Just send mail to:

centerline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope folks find this useful.

-- Pete