[bookport] Re: new to the list

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:53:21 -0400

Missy -

Since you're new to the list and plan to use the Book Port heavily for
playing music, I'll mention something that comes up here from time to time
and that's the fact that for reasons that can't be corrected in production,
the stereo channels on the Book Port are reversed; that is, what is
ordinarily on the right in the original recording will come out on the left
and vice-versa. If this is important, you should see if someone in your area
can make you a short cable with a stereo jack in one end and a stereo plug
on the other that has the channels reversed at the jack. This way, you can
connect earphones to the cable, plug the cable into the BP, and this problem
will be corrected. If you can use the ear buds; or if you own headphones
that can be worn as comfortably reversed as normal; then you won't have a
problem.