[bookport] Re: improvements to transfer program

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:11:52 -0400

Could you explain this further? My impression was that any encryption was done by the transfer program and not by the bookport itself. I'm sure when you connect the unit the transfer program gets info about your unit such as firmware version and serial number. Since the vast majority of people only have one bookport they are connecting then why couldn't the transfer program allow the user to store their bookport parameters. This info could be encrypted somewhere in the registry.