[bookport] danger of lock beeps set to no

  • From: "Barrett, Don" <Don.Barrett@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport (E-mail)" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:28:39 -0400

I don't think I'm being too picky here in stating that I think there is =
a danger in having the ability to set the lock beeps to no, and yet have =
keys still activate the 10-second turn-on state.  If someone has the =
beeps off, they might inadvertently hit a key right before removing or =
replacing the flash card which could damage it.  Can you change the =
firmware so that only the 1-3 cord will turn the unit on when the unit =
is locked and locked with beeps is set to off?

Don