[bookport] Re: brief question and suggestion

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:58:07 -0400

Stephen:

Make sure you have the latest beta software. It should be version
2.2.0.x where x is a number other than 0. If you do, just try again;
perhaps our server was down.

Rob Meredith

>>> sac0052@xxxxxxx 04/24/06 08:31AM >>>
Hi folks,

I downloaded and installed the Book Port beta software last night, but
I don't see any update to the 2.2 firmware when I go to check for it
in the transfer software. Any thoughts as to why this could be
happening?
As for my suggestion, I was wondering if it would be possible to
implement a word exceptions dictionary for the device. I have no idea
if this has ever been brought up or if the current technology would
even allow it. As great as Double Talk is, no speech synthesizer can
be perfect 100 percent of the time, and I could see a number of uses
for such an addition.

--
Best regards,
 Stephen                          mailto:sac0052@xxxxxxx