[bookport] Re: book folder

  • From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:24:05 -1000

Hi Richard,

I'll answer your questions in the body of your message.

At 07:28 AM 3/8/2007, you wrote:
when I look at the file list on the bookport using windows explorer anything that was
downloaded and saved using bookshare is just title bookshare rather than the
actual title.  When I look at the file list using bookport, however, I see
the actual titles.  I would expect both file lists to be identical.
One of the options in the transfer software is to have the file name the Book Port speaks be taken from the first line of the book, rather than the file name. This is useful if you have several files with similar names - the first line of the file might be more distinctive.

Secondly, after briefly skimming the manual I didn't see anything addressing
the "braille keyboard".  Is there an additional section or was something
missed while skimming?

If you move through the manual by level 1 headings by pressing 3 and 6 together, you'll come to one called "Book Port as a Notetaker." That's where a lot of the information is. The rest of the info is in Appendix C, Braille Input.

HTH,
Anna