[bookport] Re: bad Book Port CD

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:41:28 -0400

I imagine the mixup happened at the duplication house.  There was
probably a left-over CD from the last run that didn't get picked up.

>>> DogRiver@xxxxxxxx Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:29:35 PM >>>
Please, APH. This is too good to resist. Please tell us the story
behind
that one.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries):

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Clower, Stephen wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> My name is Stephen Clower and I was finally able to join this list.
> I received my Book Port this past Saturday and absolutely love the
device.
> As a college student this is perfect for storing both school and
pleasure
> reading, and it gives me a much more convenient means of keeping
material
> on hand when travelling from class to class. One thing which I
discovered
> both to my amusement and slight annoyance when placing the Book Port
CD
> into my computer was that, although the jacket of the CD and the
print on
> the disk itself claimed to be the Book Port installation disk, the
contents
> turned out to be a four-track audio CD with some kind of Eastern
> European-sounding punk rock. Though the music is actually not too
bad, I
> would like to know what might have happened. If it's not too much
trouble,
> would one of you mind posting the contents of the disk somewhere on
the
> internet so I can download it? I already retrieved the installation
> software from the APH web site, but I would love to have the books on
the
> disk as well.
>
> Aside from that, I really love the Book Port. You folks at APH and
Springer