[bookport] Re: activating book port with audible.com

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:31:30 -0400

Dory:

The information you pasted from the manual is correct. The only thing I
can think of is that maybe you were not clicking on the file from within
Book Port Transfer--if you were doing it from Windows Explorer or My
Computer, that may explain the problem. As the manual points out, you do
not need the Activate button, but it is there if you want to use it.

Are you activated now?  It is pointless to try and figure out what may
have happened, because we may never know. We could spend all day trying
to figure that out. If you are still having problems, let us know and we
will be more than happy to assist you. If you are not running Beta, you
can always contact us by phone. If you are running Beta, you can still
get help by writing to the list. I'm sorry your first attempts were not
successful. Perhaps if you had contacted APH, rather than Audible, we
could have solved it sooner. (There again, since you didn't, it is hard
to say.)

Usually, when people are having problems, a simple walkthrough does the
trick.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/08/05 06:38PM >>>
I am pasting below a portion of the manual re activation.  I read
through
this section several times in an attempt to find the activation button
which it refers.  I am sure it is somewhere in the manual but it would
be
nice of there was a link at the referenced activation button that would
take
one to it as there are links throughout the manual.  As things did not
go
for me as indicated in the manual, had I known where to find the
activation
button, I might not have had to spend hours on the phone with audible;
and I
mean hours literally.  And now for the portion of the manual:

Activate Audible.com Device
Before you can send files from audible.com to your Book Port, you must

activate Book
Port as one of your audible.com devices. You do not need, however, to
specifically
use the Activate button. If you select an audible.com file and your
Book
Port has
not been activated, the software automatically enters the activation
dialog.
Activation means that you have permission to use the protected content

available
with a subscription to
audible.com
.
There are no limits on how many times you activate Book Port, and you
may
have up
to eight individual users for each Book Port.

Dory
doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx