[bookport] Re: What type of CF cards?

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:24:30 -0400

Rusty:

Speed is usually expressed as a value followed by X, I.E. 40X. The way
I understand it, not all cards are measured the same way, and the write
speed often differs from the read speed. In short, if you have a choice
between two cards, and 1 is 30X and one is 40X, go for the 40X card, and
hope it is the faster one. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Rob Meredith
>>> rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx 08/26/05 12:50PM >>>
Hi Marlaina,
The largest it will support is 2 gb.

But how do we determine fast? What's fast and in what terms is it
expressed
on the packaging or advertising?

Rusty

Skype: rustyperez