[bookport] Usability of the Lock Function

  • From: "Judith M. Dixon" <jdix@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport@Freelists. Org" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 06:57:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have another thought for the lock function.  I know it has been
discussed a lot here but I think an improvement would be to have the lock
feature beep when it is actually being locked and unlocked.  I often
remember to lock my unit after I take my headphones off, I lock it, then
press a button to see if I did it, if it doesn't beep, I may have started
it playing and now run the risk of locking it on.  So I have to get out
the headphones to see what state I have left it in.  Well, you get the
idea.  An external confirmation that it is locked would be great.

Judy

*  Judith M. Dixon                     jdix@xxxxxxx        *
*  Consumer Relations Officer          (202) 707-0722      *
*  National Library Service            (202) 707-0712 fax  *
*     for the Blind and                                    *
*     Physically Handicapped                               *
*  Library of Congress                                     *
*  Washington, DC 20542                                    *