[bookport] Re: The future of Book Port

  • From: Bruce Toews <KetchupBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 06:17:33 -0600 (CST)

The official word is that the Book Port is in hibernation and will likely be brought out of hibernation at some unspecified future point. The unofficial word is that the Book Port project is dead. As much as I admire and respect APH, I am more inclined to believe the unofficial word at this time. With one competitor already on the market, and another competitor promised early next year, combined with the ill-will generated by the Book Port II hype of earlier this year, I doubt that APH would find it worth its while to introduce a new product that late in the game.

Bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave
the right to become children of God.--John 1:12, NIV

Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: KetchupBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LiveJournal: http://brucetola.livejournal.com

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Lachlan Thomas wrote:

Hi, I'm Lachlan, I live in Melbourne Australia.

Yesterday I was taking part in the Tek Talk chat session on Accessible World,
before the session started, I was talking to Pat Price, and I made a comment
about the Book Port, and Pat said something to the effect that the Book Port II
is a dead product.
I understand this to mean the Book Port II has been cancelled and won't be
released.  Do I understand correctly?
Does anybody know the truth for sure?
If indeed the Book Port II has been cancelled, does anybody know why?
If the Book Port II has been cancelled, then they'll be a lot of unhappy people
out there.  I have never owned a Book Port, but I've been interested in the
product for quite some time.
Can anybody throw any light on this?
Thanks and best for the festive season.

Lachlan Thomas.