[bookport] Re: TNAUK

  • From: "Harvey White" <harveywhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:59:43 +0100

Hi William
I have used Book Port to read newspapers and magazines from TNAUK without
difficulty. As you know, these are text files, and a unique navigation code
is used to indicate the start of articles. Every article has a number
(listed in the Articles Index) and this number is preceded by the number
sign. This is, for the sake of possibly unnecessary clarity,  the small
corner key flanked on its right by the large enter key and beneath by the
right shift key. The character produced when this key is pressed on the PC
is identical to the Braille number sign, dots 3-4-5-6.

Once your file is in the Book Port, you can use the Braille input Search
function to locate the article you're looking for simply by brailling its
number into the Search edit field. Works like magic!

Please forgive me if I have been engaged in teaching by grand mother to suck
eggs, but I have no way of telling how much you already know!

Harvey White